Dow Chemical Maintenance Technologist in Pittsburg, California
TheDow Chemical Companyhas an exciting job opportunity as aMaintenance Technologist inPittsburg, CA. This person provides maintenance subject matter expertise on plant issues that impact production over a short period of time. In this role the technologist provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the system and/or equipment.
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse team including Dow Craftspeople, Contract Craftspeople, Maintenance Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and plant personnel focused on improving the reliability of the plant assets.
• Provides experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
• Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
• During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc., are provided and documented. Provide technical support as needed.
• Provides consultation and assistance to crafts in the area of repair techniques, proper parts selection, obtaining proper parts, and use of the correct piping specification components.
• Ensures repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
• Works with equipment vendors to complete failure analysis and get quotes on replacement equipment.
• Provide technical support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts.
• Provides maintainability input to GPM, Six Sigma, and other improvement activities.
• As appropriate and required, reviews Bill of Materials (BOMs) in SAP for existing equipment and works with MRO to ensure parts are identified, added and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy. For example, ensuring existing part numbers and vendor stock number are correct, warehouse code numbers are assigned, wear parts are on hand, etc.
• Ensures accuracy of data contained in the SAP (electronic maintenance management system).
• Develops maintenance operating discipline and maintenance procedures
• Enters in positive & constructive feedback on contract service providers into the reporting system (QSPP)
• Participates with RE in developing the equipment maintenance strategy by providing technical and historical information.
• Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
• Serves as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
• During development of turnaround work, provides input on scope of work, particularly on critical equipment. Gives input to develop turnaround work inventory.
• Evaluates Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) activities and determines appropriate action.
• Supports Maintenance Procedure Use Policy:
• Performs technical reviews of procedures and initiates procedure MOCs
o Serves as a technical resource during procedure creation and review.
o Supports development of the “Procedure Exemption List”
o Creates / develops / updates repair procedures to ensure repairs are consistently completed with accuracy to maximize equipment reliability and lifetime between failures.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in operating and/or maintaining chemical processing equipment or other industrial equipment is required.
• Occasional off-hour and weekend support is required for plant outages and unplanned events
• Staff on-call responsibility is a requirement of this role
• Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke free and drug-free workplace policy
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
• Eight (8) years or more experience in operating or maintaining chemical processing equipment or other industrial equipment
• Experience in a skilled trade (pipefitting, machine repair, electrician, instrumentation, etc.) working in an industrial setting
• Experience with SAP ECC enterprise computer system
• Experience on a Six-Sigma team and/or Green Belt certification
• Experience working in a capital construction, start up, or turnaround team
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Preference 2-year Associates degree or higher in a mechanical discipline, or Four (4) or more years of military training/experience.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com .
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.