Dow Chemical North America Operations Regulatory Services Data Technician in Midland, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an opportunity available for a NorthAmerican Operations Regulatory Services (ORS) Technician. This position can be located inMidland, Michigan or Lake Jackson, Texas.
This role supports environmental regulatory compliance at manufacturing sites, R&D Labs, etc. The role collaborates heavily with internal partners, including Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Operations and EH&S Auditing.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
• Managing all data associated with the North American ORS organization, including federal and state regulatory guidance documents, tools, templates and routine/repetitive compliance tasks. Management of data includes file share support, website, Share Point development and maintenance along with Global Operating Discipline Management System (ODMS) support for Pollution Prevention standards.
• Support implementation teams to assist manufacturing plants in implementing the new environmental requirements. This could include serving on implementation teams to assist with project management, development of training packages, and delivery strategy for training clients.
• Maintain interpretations of regulations for the manufacturing organization, ensuring they are accurate and current.
• Support Dow advocacy efforts with respect to environmental regulations and permit negotiations by developing/maintaining internal tracking systems, compiling regulatory comment packages for submission to federal EPA or state environmental regulatory agencies.
• Participate and support State Support Teams led by Regulatory Services Leaders as needed.
• Generate compliance data necessary for reports, including annual Sustainability Team and EHS & Technology Committee of the Board of Directors
• Maintain Compliance Demonstration Plans for all US manufacturing sites
• Serve as Auditing Focal Point for North American ORS:
• Interface with EH&S Auditing Group members to coordinate subject matter expert participation in complex audits
• Maintain all regulatory audit profiles (all U.S. sites)
• Analyze audit data for trends
• Assist with documentation associated with environmental auditor approval process
• Over time, become approved to audit (non-expert)
The following are critical success factors for this role:
• Project management capability
• Technical writing skills
• Must understand the North America EH&S roles and be able to provide coaching and support for training, documents and records management and retrieval of data critical for compliance
• Able to interact with the following key roles: Manufacturing (Run Plant Engineers, Maintenance, EH&S Delivery, etc); Regulatory Services Advocacy Leaders; Regulatory Services Director; Legal Counsel (as needed); EH&S Auditing; IT partners
• Able to develop/maintain websites, Share Points, file shares
• Analyze regulatory performance data and audit data
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Knowledge of Dow’s manufacturing sites, EH&S Work Processes and associated tools
• Experience with SharePoint is preferred.
• Associate’s degree and/or 4 years military experience is required.
• A degree in Environmental Health & Safety or similar program is preferred.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health & Safety is highly preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
· Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
· An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
· Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
· On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
· Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
· The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
· Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
· Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
North America Operations Regulatory Services Data Technician