Dow Chemical Operator in Louisville, Kentucky
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for an Operator in Louisville, KY .
• Follows Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
• Operates and field checks process equipment. Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems.
• Performs tasks assigned to operations as directed - including field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.
• Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals.
• Uses trouble shooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
• As required, initiates and participates in Root Cause Investigations.
• Coaches and train others on plant operations.
• Uses process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and Operating Discipline.
• Monitors, collects and inputs plant metrics for Statistical Process Control (S.P.C.), asset utilization, conversion costs, and production yields and identify opportunities for plant optimization.
• Utilizes Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools to optimize plant operation and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the SPC tools.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned based on job role and department.
• Perform process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines
• Minimum of 2 years do chemical, manufacturing, industrial or similar experience is required.
• Current, valid US driver’s license.
• Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke free and drug-free workplace policy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, including every second weekend.
• Must be able to provide overtime coverage, as required.
• Must be able to perform sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion.
• Must be willing and able (medically approved) to participate in the fire brigade
• Must be able to wear a full face respirator and other personal protective equipment
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to periodically work outdoors in extreme weather conditions (e.g. heat, cold)
• Must be able to work at elevations.
• Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
• Must be able to drive a forklift.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Must have good organizational skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Able to work within an empowered team environment.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 5 years chemical industry experience is desired..
• Previous experience with Outlook and SAP is an asset.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Associate’s degree is preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.